Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Announcing: The 90 Days Project

Goodness gracious, world, it has been a while.

Without making too many excuses for my absence, suffice it to say that this blog has fallen by the wayside in the shuffle of my life here in Korea. I haven't posted anything in over 10 months! Obviously, this has not been entirely because I didn't have anything to say but rather because I got too busy and picked up too many projects and had to drop something to make room for everything, and this blog drew the short straw.

But that doesn't mean I don't have stories I want to share with you all. In fact, I have many, and as I approach the end of my time in Korea (just over three months now, eek!), I have realized that I would be doing myself a great disservice in not recording these, and my current thoughts about life in Korea, in some manner.

Thus, friends, allow me to introduce The 90 Days Project.

The 90 Days Project is, put simply, my attempt to chronicle my extended departure from Korea by writing, at least once a day, on this blog.

In more detail, I've devised this project (it's been rolling around in my head for a few weeks now) to accomplish several goals:

1. I want to have and share a record of what it feels like to gradually extract myself from the life I've built here - the country I've come to love, the attitudes I love to hate, the city I hate to love, and the job that pays for it all. I will attempt to fairly regularly chronicle my day-to-day life, especially where my reactions to Korea and my feelings about leaving are concerned.

2. I want to share some of the stories I've accumulated over the past two years in Korea, many of which have occurred since I last updated the blog, so as I write I will attempt to interweave past stories that haven't been written down here before.

3. Finally, my writing skills have been quietly rusting for a while now. Hopefully this will help.

So, with no further adieu, I conclude this preface to The 90 Days Project. The project will begin this Sunday, April 26th. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

lstokes said...

Hey, great START! Keep it up. There are so many experiences to share.
Looking forward to all 90! ~M