Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 88: On the Packing of a Box, Singular

Well, I've begun that lengthy and arduous process - packing.

Now I don't mean the final pack, that bittersweet, exhausting, leaving-the-apartment-so-empty-feeling pack. Rather, this is a preliminary pack.

One box. Taking the slow boat back to America. Leaving early next week.

What do I put in this box? Some things are obvious - Winter clothes, books I've already read but want to keep, souvenirs and things I purchased explicitly for use in America. But what else gets included?

Some less obvious, but certainly simple additions were things that could cut down on my bulk when I finally head home without diminishing my capabilities for enjoyment here. This mainly came in the form of removing xbox games from their cases and packing the cases, which I intend to save, in the box. Similar reductions will eventually come in the form of my ps2 games and dvds that I've bought here, whose cases I do not intend to save.

Still, though, there are questions that remain. Do I pack up my guitar hero controller now, or do I hold out for some rockin' summer sessions? Do I pack the scrolls decorating my apartment, or do I wait and pull those down last?

Questions, questions with difficult answers!

Also, today I came across this music video artifact from the '90s. Man, Roy Orbison was such a badass!

Currently Listening: "Not Alone" ~The Traveling Wilburys

No comments: