Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 83: It was Sunday afternoon, and there were a few things that I had to do

Day 83 was a bit of a letdown, folks. After work ramping up the past week, what with one of three foreign teachers home in America on vacation, I was very much in need of a no-frills, relaxed kind of weekend. Sunday delivered on the promise. I studied LSAT, cleaned my apartment, packed up stuff to ship home, and played some video games. I even got to catch up mit mein brother on Skype, it had been criminally long.

In any case, it's days like this Sunday that make me think leaving Korea won't be so bad. Don't get me wrong - nothing about today made me think any less of Korea, it's just a day that I could have just as easily had back home. Not better, not worse, the same, but different.

Anyhow, Monday will bring one day of "work" (we are expecting piddly turnout because Tuesday is Children's Day) that John and I will sleepwalk through, and then it's my last day off during my Korean teaching career (also my first day off this calendar year). As the exasperated Chinese zookeeper said to the last male panda on Earth, "screw that."

Inspiration for today's title: John LaJoie's hilarious youTube video.

No comments: