Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Miracle of Skype

I just got off the "phone" with Elise! I used Skype to call her mobile phone in Mali and, while it cost over 28 cents a minute, it was well worth it. You can reach me on skype at the user name "stokesty@gmail.com" If you have Skype as well, we can talk and even use video for free! It's a really good program.

I also wanted to share this picture:
This is the last thing an outdated digital camera ever sees. Look upon the future... and despair! This is a shot of one of the store displays in the Electronics Mart in Youngsan. That place is truly an awe-inspiring shopping experience. I am planning on upgrading my digital camera next month, possibly to an Olympus 725, which is what Matt was shopping for when we went here on Tuesday morning (I got a phone). Haggling is the name of the game, and often it only involves moving from vendor to vendor, displaying the price the last one gave you and daring them to beat it or throw something extra in. They also do trade-ins, although my camera is old I might be able to get a few bucks for the battery and charger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rebecca here. Tyler, you've made S. Korea seem like an actual place. My favorite photos so far are 'before and after' in your apartment, the mystery door, and your students. The stories are great, especially the missionary story. I look forward to hearing more on teaching, students, and how your Korean is going.