Monday, September 3, 2007

The Photo-a-Day Project

In an attempt to both hone my photographic reflex and to force myself to update this blog more often, I've decided to try to post at least one photograph a day of my Korean experience. I expect these photographs will vary greatly in both subject and subjective quality. Hopefully they will improve in artistic merit as the year rolls on, and hopefully my writing will as well.

Without further self-indulgent shenanigans, here's the first photo, taken this afternoon:
This is the food stand at the corner of downtown Suji. Here they sell various fried foods and grilled corn on the cob (which is delicious). This picture also highlights the weird diversity of downtown Suji - the short, advertisement-covered commercial buildings surrounded by the unadorned towering high-rise apartments. I chose this picture for the first day because I wanted a sort of establishing shot - I spend probably five minutes a day waiting for the light to change here, and I like this spot - good for people watching, close to excellent food, and about halfway between work and the apartment.

No comments: